Date: 10/11/18 11:48 am
From: Steve Jaggers <sjjag...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Large flock of Dippers detected at Force Lake
At the risk of over explaining-for those on this list who are less familiar with esoteric birding terms.

A person "dips" on an effort to see a particular bird when unsuccessful in that pursuit.

Thus Lars' flock of dippers-those who missed the ruff this morning.

Unruffled was a clever clue.

Loving the word play.

Steve Jaggers

> On October 11, 2018 at 8:45 AM Lars Norgren <larspernorgren...> wrote:
>
> 9 or 10 at once. As the forlorn leave, they are replaced by other optimists. 2 Greater Yellowlegs the only shorebirds when I parked. Beautiful morning, well worth the visit, however unruffled.

Join us on Facebook!