Date: 10/11/18 10:43 am
From: Carol Muth <suzmuth...>
Subject: [Maine-birds] Red-bellied woodpecker, Oct 10 Roque Bluffs (coastal Wash. Co.)
Wally and I watched a Red-bellied woodpecker for about two minutes
yesterday as it sat on our deck railing near sunflower seed and suet
feeders that were crowded with Black-capped chickadees and Red-breasted
nuthatches. I ran for the camera but was too late to get a photo. We have
had many Red-bellied woodpecker sightings in NY State so we had no question
about the identity of the bird, which was only 6' away from us on the other
side of the window. We've only seen one other Red-bellied in Maine, that
was years ago on Mt. Desert.