Date: 10/11/18 10:39 am
From: Brian Fitch <fogeggs...>
Subject: Re: [SFBirds] Philly vireo
Middle Lake continued to be productive this morning. The waterthrush went
quiet a few minutes after I first reported it. It had been acting agitated
and chased a Hermit Thrush around the reeds and willows near the little
delta for a bit. A lot of birds were bathing at the creek outlet. The
redstart was in the same area as previously mentioned by others, just east
of the big multi-trunked tree on the path. The Philadelphia Vireo was in
the small tree with red berries on the meadow on the southwest side,
showing dark lores and bright yellow throat and chest. It later flew up
over the trail and gave a brief full profile.

Earlier at South Lake Merced, one each of Virginia Rail and Sora were
visible in the reeds at the NE corner of the concrete bridge. I also gave
20 minutes to the Blue-headed Vireo site on the way home, but had no luck
there.

Brian Fitch

Brian Fitch

On Thu, Oct 11, 2018 at 9:14 AM Brian Fitch <fogeggs...> wrote:

> In the meadow on the sw side of middle lake. The redstart continues as
> well.
> Brian fitch

-=-=-
Group Owner: SFBirds+<owner...>