Date: 10/11/18 10:31 am
From: Malcolm Gold <malcolmgold...>
Subject: Hillsdale Shorebird habitat underwater
I hope everyone enjoyed the Miami County/Hillsdale Reservoir shorebird
habitat at Brown Wetlands and Antioch Marsh the past couple of months, as
it appears we will have to wait at least until next year to have it return.

Water is only a few feet off the burm at Brown Wetlands and the lake has
expanded through all the lowland trees in the area. A few wrens and
sparrows were found around the northerly ponds. I had a couple of late
Yellow Warblers and was happy to meet George and Matthew, who had a Fox
Sparrow and Blue-headed Vireo at Brown.

https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S49115765

Water levels completely covered the trail at Antioch South to the point and
the island is completely submerged. (Photo is of this area)

https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S49116787

On a positive note, the rain added a significant amount of water to the
Model Airport field below Clinton Reservoir. The water is over a foot deep
in the middle of the field. Greg Coniglio, Kathy Carroll, and I found
LeConte's and Nelson's Sparrows but only one rail yesterday around noon. A
Common Tern at the Clinton Marina was a nice spot by Kathy Carroll.

Good Birding,

Malcolm Gold (Overland Park, Kansas)

https://listserv.ksu.edu/ksbird-l.html
For KSBIRD-L guidelines go to