Date: 10/11/18 10:00 am
From: Rick & Marianne Atkinson <marianne5...>
Subject: Northern Cardinal fledgling behavior- Clearfield County
Is it usual to see a Northern Cardinal fledgling begging his daddy for food
at this time of year?

Today, the fledgling was begging and the male kept pecking at his head.
Finally, the male flew away with the fledgling in pursuit.

They were on a branch right above a vertical hanging, double-sided suet
feeder with a tail prop. For not being clinging birds, the cardinals have
been doing well hanging on to eat suet, since I put my sunflower heart
feeders away the beginning of August and this is all I have to offer. The
sunflower feeders will go back out sometime in November.

Marianne Atkinson
Clearfield County near DuBois

Join us on Facebook!