Date: 10/11/18 9:58 am
From: frank lospalluto <fdlospalluto...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Audubon Birding Weekend Report
Paul and obol:

Black-billed Magpie is not rare along Hilt Rd. Uncommon but regular. I have
had them crossing the border on occasion. I have also had them just south
of Pilot Rock in the Cascade-Siskiyou NM a few times.
The bird or birds on east side of Emigrant is uncommon but I personally
have had them there as well. They used to be regular along highway 66 from
the 10 mile marker on up. Apparently the state has stopped dumping roadkill
deer off the highway near the 12 mile marker so they have been scarce there
recently.

California Towhee is a regular bird throughout southern Oregon as are the
Oak Titmice.. There is a good size population of Northern Mockingbirds
around the Denman Wildlife Area and White City.

The 11 American Avocets at Kirtland Ponds last week were exceptional even
for the locals.

good birding from a long time southern Jackson County resident,
frank

Join us on Facebook!