Date: 10/11/18 8:48 am
From: <marksawyer3383...> [CALBIRDS] <CALBIRDS-noreply...>
Subject: [CALBIRDS] COMMON RINGED PLOVER ABBOTTS LAGOON MARIN
There is a Common Ringed Plover at Abbotts Lagoon found by myself and Mark Martucci on Monday the 8th. My few photos from that day were very compelling but this is a tough ID. Noah Arthur and Adrien Hinkle refound the bird yesterday and procured great photos, particularly of unwebbed toes, along with all the other traits I photographed on Monday. The bird is located on the North Side of Abbotts lagoon with a flocks of around 75 other plovers, Snowy and Semipalmated. It stands out as it is the only Plover in breeding plumage. This is a 2nd state record! I believe birders are looking for it today and will most likely update this listservs.

Mark Sawyer Sacramento CA

Noah's photos can be viewed here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/99231652@N07/albums/72157702290765985 The original photos from Monday taken by me can be viewed here https://flic.kr/s/aHsmk1ZNYJ Adriens checklist is here: https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S49110269 Mine is here: https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S49095882

Listowners: mailto:<CALBIRDS-owner...>

Turn off email delivery: mailto:<CALBIRDS-nomail...>
Resume email delivery: mailto:<CALBIRDS-normal...>

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
(Yahoo! ID required)