Date: 10/11/18 8:37 am
From: Paul Sullivan <paultsullivan...>
Subject: [obol] Audubon Birding Weekend report
18 people participated in a birding trip to Jackson county under the aegis
of the Audubon Society of Portland, Oct. 8-10.

We visited the following sites

Oct 8: Emigrant Lake, Hyatt Reservoir, Howard Prairie

Oct 9: Ashland Pond, N Mountain park, Bear Cr greenway, Colestin Valley

Oct 10: Agate Lk, Denman Wildlife area (Gregory Rd), Kirtland Rd ponds, Tou
Velle St. Pk

Highlights:

The expected

California Towhee - east side of Emigrant Lk

Oak Titmouse - several places

Black Phoebe - N Mountain Pk, Kirtland ponds

Red-shouldered Hawk - several places

N Mockingbird - Gregory Rd, White City

Acorn Woodpeckers - everywhere

Lewis Woodpeckers - Agate Lk

The unexpected

Black-billed Magpie - east side of Emigrant Lk

also Hilt Rd in northern California
(are they rare there?)

American Avocet - Kirtland ponds

Turkey Vulture kettle of 400 - south of Emigrant Lk

Complete list:

The 95 species we collectively saw were:

Greater White-fronted Goose

Canada Goose

Wood Duck

American Wigeon

Mallard

Blue-winged Teal

Northern Shoveler

Northern Pintail

Green-winged Teal

Ring-necked Duck

Common Merganser

Ruddy Duck

California Quail

Wild Turkey

Pied-billed Grebe

Horned Grebe

Eared Grebe

Rock Pigeon

Band-tailed Pigeon

Mourning Dove

Eurasian Collared Dove

Anna's Hummingbird

American Coot

AMERICAN AVOCET - a county first for me!!

Killdeer

Least Sandpiper

Long-billed Dowitcher

Wilson's Snipe