Date: 10/11/18 7:04 am
From: Dunning, John B <jdunning...>
Subject: [IN-BIRD-L] Rusty Blackbirds, Celery Bog Nature Area, Oct 11, 2018
A quick change in weather (Saturday: 89 degrees, today 48 degrees) changed the bird mix at Celery Bog, West Lafayette this morning. We had a sprinkling of late fall migrants (Ruby-crowned Kinglet, some warblers) and tardy migrants (Indigo Bunting) mixed in with the Yellow-rumped Warblers. Odd that eBird considered the "baypoll" report to be "rare for date" but not the Blackpoll Warbler (we saw one of each). Most interesting observation was a large flock of Rusty Blackbirds that flew north over the parking lot as we were finishing our walk. ID was mostly by call notes as they passed overhead.

Barny
<jdunning...>

Celery Bog Nature Area, Tippecanoe, Indiana, US Oct 11, 2018 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM
36 species (+1 other taxa)

Canada Goose 125
Mute Swan 5
Northern Shoveler 1