Date: 10/11/18 6:57 am
From: Roselie Overby <rosebird8791...>
Subject: Re: [LABIRD-L] staging Ruby-throated
That is an interesting observation by Paul Dickson in his yard in the
western part of north LA. This morning as dawn approached, 4 Ruby-throats
were at the single feeder on my back porch. Three were perched and feeding
with two of them taking turns at the same port. A check of the front yard
after sunrise showed 5 Ruby-throateds at various feeders. There seems to be
only 1 at the back feeder now. So I estimate at least 6-7 hummers in the
yard after having only one yesterday. The cooler air from the front started
coming in during the afternoon yesterday.
Roselie Overby
Oak Grove in W. Carroll Parish

Join us on Facebook!