Date: 10/11/18 5:00 am
From: <esaterojarvi...> [NEBirds] <NEBirds...>
Subject: [NEBirds] Around Lincoln...not much
Made some rounds yesterday, and there really was not much in the lakes yet. Oak Lake had a few cormorants and Franklin's gulls. Was not able to get to Lincoln Saline Wetland as Westgate Blvd was closed off. Looked rather temporary. I only check Capitol Beach lake from that area usually, so skipped that too.

On to Pawnee lake, found one bald eagle, not much on the lake. From the West side decided to go to Twin Lakes to add a few birds for Seward county ( I never get to the county in the darker half of the year). The lakes had a few pelicans. Closes off about Oct 15.

Conestoga lake has a bit more water, shovelers and coots. Construction still blocks the entrance from North side. No lists made for Lancaster county that day.

All in all, very few sparrows. It was a bit windy. With the lists people are posting, not much new to chase today. I will go to Marsh Wren today to see a few more sparrows, though the year list has most of them that I usually find, from spring. The roads were a bit muddy from all that rain, brought several pounds of Nebraska home in the wheel wells yesterday.

It's not raining, so out we go. Wachiska outing will be Saturday, Little Salt Fork Marsh.

Esa Jarvi, Lincoln

Join us on Facebook!