Date: 10/10/18 9:20 pm
From: Debbie Beer <debbeer1023...>
Subject: Big Sit at Heinz Refuge, Philadelphia - October 14
Hello friends,
I'm excited to host the 9th BiG SiT at Heinz Refuge, on Sunday, October 14,
2018. Adrian Binns and I will be at the Refuge Observation Deck all day,
dawn to dusk, with binoculars, tally boards, and good humor! (Snacks
always appreciated, alcohol not permitted).

All are welcome to join us in counting birds for conservation, documenting
the rich variety of avian species that depend on Refuge resources. Our
goal is to find by sight/sound as many species as possible from one
location, one day. The early morning hours are best, but you never know
what may fly in after lunch. It'll be tough to top last year's White-winged
Tern that swooped across the impoundment at 2:55pm, but the excitement is
in the challenge!

Hein Refuge address: 8601 Lindbergh Blvd, Philadelphia PA 19153. Outer
gates will stay open after I enter ~5:15 AM. Park and walk .75 miles down
Dike Road to Observation Deck. Bundle up, as temps will be chilly!

At this year's Big Sit, we'll honor the life of Hank Hox, longtime friend,
advocate, and birder of Heinz Refuge.

This is the 9th Big Sit at Heinz Refuge since 2007. Our cumulative list is
122 species;. 19 species have been recorded only once.

Pennsylvania hosts the highest number of registered Big Sits in the US.
It's great to be with so many birders in spirit this weekend!

Join us - or any Big Sit - for a few minutes, hours, or all day! It's
always a good time. I look forward to seeing you in the field.

Best regards,
Debbie Beer
<debbeer1023...>

I look forward to seeing you soon.