Date: 10/10/18 9:08 pm
From: <corvus8x...> [northbaybirds] <northbaybirds-noreply...>
Subject: [NBB] Point Reyes today. 10/10/2018
Since I see no one else reported ,I want to give a brief report for the point today.
Weather seemed good with a high overcast and light breeze.
Bird migrants were a bit scarce though, with a obvious western element to them.
Highlights were :
A Hammond's Flycatcher , " Western "Type Flycatcher, Swainson's Thrush , several Townsend's Warbler, a peppering of Yellow rumped Warblers and two Western Tanagers at the Fish Docks.

Nuniz Ranch had several Varied Thrush , a Swainson's Thrush and Common Yellowthroat.

Mendoza had a lot ( 30) of Yellow rumped Warblers and one Yellow Warbler .

Bumped into Keith Hanson and he had a interesting bunting ( we are thinking Laz) at the fish docks and a Nashville Warbler at Nuniz.
Also Saw Mary Ann Fleet and she had several Varied Thrush at Drakes Beach.

All in all not a epic day on the Point but pleasant and good to see birds out there even on the slow days. Hopefully the next few days will be better.

Oh and I also wanted to report I had a young plumaged Northern Saw-whet Owl in a undisclosed location at one of the patches out at Bodega Bay in the daytime on October 8, 2018 . I believe this bird to be a migrant as the location was not habitat I would expect to see one in. But there is excellent habitat just a few miles inland from there.

Best

Scott Carey

Sebastopol, Ca

Join us on Facebook!