Date: 10/10/18 6:36 pm
From: HAROLD YOCUM <drhal2...>
Subject: Re: Eagle watching
I have seen one at Lake Hefner ,but only off and on. I suspect that is flying in and out of there rather than there for the winter.
There is an eagle nest at the north end of Yukon Parkway, off to the west in the biggest cottonwoods. It has been utilized the last 2 years. I have not checked yet this fall / early if there.
There is another eagles nest on east 23rd where the road crosses the N. Canadian River. It is located in one of the large cottonwood trees to the north of the bridge. I think that I saw 1 report of an eagle being seen there within the last 2 weeks- not sure. Also rather early.
They come annually to Lake Arcadia , but usually in Nov-Dec. They take up residence there and usually are on the east side of the lake in the large dead trees. You could call the office there and see if they have been seen yet.They are usually distant there and a birding scope would be best.
Final thought . Usually 1 or more come to Lake Guthrie for the winter. I have not seen any post yet that they have arrived.
All of those spots are relative close to the city , but it may be too early at any of them.
Hope you locate one .
Hal Yocum

> On October 10, 2018 at 12:59 PM Juliette Hulen <00000056647f7088-dmarc-request...> wrote:
>

> Nov 16-28 I will have guests visiting from France. I would love to take them eagle watching. Where do you recommend going in the Okc area? Thanks so much!
>
> Juliette Hulen, M.Ed, CALT
> Milestones Tutoring, Inc.
> 405-215-3425
> Sent from my iPhone