Date: 10/10/18 4:43 pm
From: JAMES SPEICHER <jugornought...>
Subject: Re: [MDBirding] Ducks in Danger
On 10/10/18, Scott Young <wsyacy...> wrote:
> Just curious, but is there Maryland state property along the C&O Canal
> between the Potomac and the canal, say between Pennyfield Lock and Edwards
> Ferry? I thought it was federal land. Does that matter except to buy blind
> sites?

Dierssen WMA [http://dnr.maryland.gov/wildlife/Pages/publiclands/central/dierssen.aspx]
is one exception to the "Federal only ownership" of these lands.
Don't know the history. It's nearby to Pennyfield Lock. No hunting
or trapping allowed.

I've sent a inquiry to C&O NP in regards to this issue, but I don't
personally have a problem with regulated duck hunting.

Jim S