Date: 10/10/18 4:29 pm
From: Bob Schutsky <info...>
Subject: Ruby-throated Hummingbird, Southern Lancaster County
Dear PABirders,

Today at 6:20pm we spotted a juvenile Ruby-throated Hummingbird in front
of our home in Peach Bottom. It was feeding for a prolonged period (at
least 5 minutes) in our salvia garden. It had a large amount of pollen
on the base of its bill, all the way up to the crown of its head.
October 10th is getting late in the season to still be seeing them here
at our home. Our latest sighting was a few years ago on October 11th.
According to the forecast, there will be no good reason to migrate
tomorrow; possibly by Friday after the front passes.

Keep watching your flowers and feeders.

Take care,
BOB

BOB SCHUTSKY
Web Site www.birdtreks.com
--
BIRD TREKS--Quality Worldwide Birding Tours
216 Spring Lane

Join us on Facebook!