Date: 10/10/18 3:32 pm
From: Sharon Goldwasser <azfiddle...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] NW Tucson: Common Black Hawk Santa Cruz River
I was one of many observers who enjoyed viewing the Reddish Egret at the El Rio Open Space Preserve this morning.

From El Rio, I biked up to Avra Valley Road and then up Sanders to the Santa Cruz River crossing - it was generally pretty bird-less, aside from Turkey Vultures, a couple Red-tails and a few mourning doves.

I came back along the Santa Cruz River bike path, and went south as far as the construction at Ina. Again, very few birds anywhere.

The only exception was when I made a random stop to look and listen, about 1/2 mile south of Cortaro, I realized I was staring at an adult Common Black Hawk perched in the willows between the bike path and the stream.

Sharon Goldwasser
Tucson, AZ