Date: 10/10/18 3:11 pm
From: Heidi Ware <heidithebirdnerd...> [ible] <ible-noreply...>
Subject: [IBLE] Cottonwood Creek Project: Birders needed!

Attention Birders!

We need your help. The Intermountain Bird Observatory, Idaho Bird Conservation Partnership and Golden Eagle Audubon Society are partnering with the Boise River Enhancement Network to measure how a new Boise restoration project will benefit birds.

Cottonwood Creek is currently buried in a flume under Julia Davis Park ending in a concrete and stone outlet at the Boise River. The goal of the Cottonwood Creek Daylighting Project is to bring the stream back to the surface, or “daylight” the creek. This will provide bird and fish habitat and help filter stormwater.

We are recruiting citizen scientists (that’s you!) to record bird sightings and submit their observations to eBird. This will give us important data on the project before and after restoration occurs.

Oh, and did we mention there are prizes?! Check out the google doc to learn more, and find out how you can participate to win the first prize: an invite to the BREN Annual Member Appreciation Party this November!

More info:
https://goo.gl/4uaYPZ
You can contact me with any questions about this project.
Thanks!Heidi Ware CarlisleBoise

Join us on Facebook!