Date: 10/10/18 2:37 pm
From: William Legge <WGDLegge...> [northbaybirds] <northbaybirds-noreply...>
Subject: [NBB] Blackpoll and Palm Warblers - Rodeo Lagoon 10/10/18

There was a decent overnight fall of migrants at Rodeo Lagoon (Marin Headlands) today and a circuit of the main lagoon produced a 1st winter Blackpoll Warbler (my 200th species for Rodeo Lagoon this year!) in willows and cypresses midway along Lagoon Trail on the south side of the main lagoon near the large cypress (on its own), and 2 Palm Warblers together in willows on the northern side of the main lagoon, just east of the Picnic Tables.

Good numbers of Audubon's Yellow-rumped Warblers and White-crowned Sparrows were present almost everywhere with smaller numbers of expected western fall migrants including Ruby-crowned Kinglet and Golden-crowned Sparrows. I also managed to connect with my first Golden-crowned Kinglet at the lagoon this Fall.

On the lagoon itself, single Northern Pintail and Ring-necked Duck (male) we new in today and at least two Wilson's Snipe continue.

Checklist online at https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S49102595

Good birding!

William Legge
Mill Valley, CA