Date: 10/10/18 2:39 pm
From: Ed Maioriello <edm...>
Subject: [GABO-L] ORAS Bird Walks This Weekend - Athens-Clarke County
We are having 2 different bird walks this weekend.

Ed Maioriello
Athens-Clarke County

=========================
Vulture Festival 2018
Event Date:
Saturday, October 13, 2018 - 8:00am

Join the ACC Solid Waste Department/Recycling Division, Bear Hollow Zoo,
and the Oconee River Audubon Society as they celebrate International
Vulture Awareness Day from 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM at the ACC Landfill.
Vultures are vital to healthy ecosystems and face a range of threats in
many areas that they occur. This day will celebrate nature's clean-up
crew, the vulture, with the following local activities: bird walks,
children's activities, recycling opportunities, tour of the landfill, and a
visit from EarthQuest Birds, and UGA PhD Student, Kristen Lear, will be
doing educational activities about bat conservation. For more information,
visit www.accgov.com/recycling
<https://www.accgov.com/6785/Vulture-Festival> or call the ACC Recycling
Division at (706) 613-3512. This event is a FREE fun, family event!

=========================
Bird Walk At The State Botanical Garden
Event Date:
Sunday, October 14, 2018 - 8:00am

*Note this is a Sunday walk!*

The Oconee Rivers Audubon Society will be hosting a bird walk at the State
Botanical Garden. We will be meeting in the Day Chapel parking lot. From
the main entrance just keep bearing left to find the Day Chapel lot.

Our bird walks are open to the public. We typically run 3-4 hours though
birders may leave at their convenience. Easy to moderate walking. Please
dress for the weather, wear practical shoes, bring insect repellent and
snacks/water as desired.

If you have any questions please contact Ed Maioriello at
<fieldtrip...> or 706-296-5275.

For information about the State Botanical Garden click here.
<http://botgarden.uga.edu/>

IMPORTANT NOTE: On occasion, field trips may have to be cancelled (bad
weather, etc.) or important details may change (for example, the original
meeting spot for a site may have to be changed if there is a trail closure
or parking problem). If you plan to attend a bird walk, ALWAYS check
www.oconeeriversaudubon.org/events the night before for updates.

Send regular postings to <gabo-l...>