Date: 10/10/18 1:44 pm
From: Michael Thelen <mikethelen...>
Subject: Field Trip Announcement -- StL Area
The ST. LOUIS AUDUBON SOCIETY is sponsoring a field trip this coming
Saturday to Jersey and Calhoun Counties, Illinois.

DATE: Saturday, October 13, 2018

MEETING TIME: 8:00 a.m. (the SLAS web site calendar shows incorrect start
time of 07:30).

MEETING PLACE: The Gilbert Lake Division parking lot at the downriver end
just past the Brussels Ferry. Area rivers have been rising quickly due to
all the rain and should the parking lot be flooded simply continue north on
hwy 100 to the Pere Marquette SP Visitor Center parking lot and we'll
assemble there.

DIRECTIONS TO GILBERT LAKE: From Alton, Illinois, go north on IL Hwy 100,
the Great River Rd. Continue all the way through Grafton then watch for the
Brussels Ferry. Continue .3 miles past the ferry entrance and the parking
lot is on the left marked with a big sign. It's a gravel lot, not big, but
there's plenty of space for cars.

PLAN: Visit Gilbert Lake, Stump Lake, portions of Pere Marquette SP and
Dabbs Road. Eventually we'll head back downriver to the Brussels ferry and
cross the Illinois River into Calhoun County. We'll continue birding on Two
Rivers NWR then head over to HQ for lunch. After lunch we can continue in
the Two Rivers area or exploit other opportunities. Two Rivers NWR is
holding their annual Open House this Saturday from 11 to 4. It's quite
pleasant to have lunch on the deck while taking advantage of Open House
activities. If you have one, bring your FRS radio. As of now the forecast
for Saturday is pretty good and it looks to be a real nice fall day.

PARTICIPATION: Everyone is welcome, SLAS members and non-members.

LUNCH: Bring your own food and drink for a picnic lunch. As in past years
we'll time it so we can take lunch on the deck of the HQ building.

LEADER: Mike Thelen

COST: Free

MORE INFO: Contact me directly or visit stlouisaudubon.org

Mike Thelen
University City, St. Louis County, MO
<mikethelen...>

ASM Website: http://mobirds.org/