Date: 10/10/18 11:14 am
From: P B Bell <bellasoc...>
Subject: [Tweeters] Seattle Audubon Whidbey Island Oct 9
Hi Tweets

Seattle Audubon took a trip to Whidbey Island yesterday. It started out with
rain, that decreased and finished by Mukilteo. It was 54F to start with, got
up to 60 F at one point and finished at 53F. We did have fairly strong winds
all day long and it made for really cool day. But we saw lots of good birds
at every stop and wound up with 90 species for the day.

After Mukilteo and the ferry we stopped at Deer Lake, Rollinghill Rd,
Maxwellton, Dave Mackie Park, the school district Outdoor Classroom, Ewing
Rd, Sunlight Beach Rd (Deer Lagoon), Freeland Park, Deer Lagoon, Crockett
Lake, Keystone ferry terminal, Penn Cove, Libby Beach, Hastie Lake Rd,
access, Bos Lake, Duguall Lake, Rosario Beach.

Brian H. Bell

Woodinville Wa

Mail to bell asoc a t iso, me dia dot com

Cackling Goose (heard)

Canada Goose

Northern Shoveler

Gadwall

Eurasian Wigeon

American Wigeon

Mallard

Northern Pintail

Green-winged Teal

Ring-necked Duck

Scaup species

Harlequin Duck

Surf Scoter

White-winged Scoter

Bufflehead

Hooded Merganser

Ruddy Duck

California Quail

Pied-billed Grebe

Horned Grebe

Red-necked Grebe

Eared Grebe

Western Grebe

Rock Pigeon

Band-tailed Pigeon

Eurasian Collared-Dove

Mourning Dove

Anna's Hummingbird

Virginia Rail (heard)

American Coot

Black-bellied Plover

Killdeer

Red Knot (at Bos Lake)

Dunlin

Western Sandpiper

Long-billed Dowitcher

Greater Yellowlegs

Pigeon Guillemot

Rhinoceros Auklet

Heermann's Gull

Mew Gull

Ring-billed Gull

California Gull

Glaucous-winged Gull

Red-throated Loon

Pacific Loon

Common Loon

Brandt's Cormorant

Double-crested Cormorant

Pelagic Cormorant

American White Pelican (1 at Deer Lagoon)

Great Blue Heron

Turkey Vulture

Osprey

Bald Eagle