Date: 10/10/18 10:13 am
From: Marc Ribaudo via VA-bird <va-bird...>
Subject: [VA-bird] Mannassas Battlefield sparrows, migrants
Toby Hardwick and I birded Manassas Battlefield this morning.  We started at the Stone Bridge parking lot and did a large loop that included Sparrow Alley.  Sparrows were pretty scarce, although we ended up with 7 species (grasshopper (1), white-throated (1), savannah (6), song (2), Lincoln's (1), swamp (2), towhee (2)).  Most, including the Lincoln's and grasshopper, were along Sparrow Alley.  Some winter arrivals included red-breasted nuthatch, brown creeper, hermit thrush, purple finch, and yellow-bellied sapsucker.  A few exiting neotrops included scarlet tanager, eastern wood-pewee, northern rough-winged swallow, and Cape May warbler.  We also saw a kestrel and 2 Cooper's hawks.
Marc Ribaudo