Date: 10/10/18 8:21 am
From: <birderick...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Yard stuff
One hummingbird is still coming to the feeders here today, so I cleaned and refilled them again. I also saw another out in the back corner of the yard on this mornings walk. Yesterday I had an immature White-eyed Vireo in the back trees, and today, my third sighting since last Friday of a PHILADELPHIA VIREO foraging all around the back meadow, which has lots of small trees and fruiting vines. This looked to be a different individual than the one or ones seen earlier, a very strongly marked individual in the face and more brightly yellow below. Also there were 2 or more RED-BREASTED NUTHATCHES chasing around in the back corner with a few warblers, seen poorly. And several White-throated Sparrows skulking around in the bushy back corner, with a House Wren.

Rick Sussman
Woodbine, Carroll County