Date: 10/10/18 7:18 am
From: Joe Tucker <000001df0ca37a3b-dmarc-request...>
Subject: Eye mites?
I went out to my suet feeder this morning to fill it and on one of my gravity seed feeders sat a male House Finch. What immediately struck me was the fact it did not fly away as I was standing a mere two feet from it.  My firs thought was it was a baby newly fledged, but no, to late in the season, and it was fully  feathered and colored.  As I looked closely  t it, both eyes were crusted over. It simply could not see me.  I went into the house to get my camera and it had hopped to my  Holly bush.  I managed a couple of pics when its left eye managed to open enough to see me and it flew away.
My question to the group is:  Have you seen this?  Is it most likely a really bad case of eye mites?    I know this poor bird is doomed. I could not see where it flew to in the adjacent tree.

Join us on Facebook!