Date: 10/10/18 6:10 am
From: John Greenwood via VA-bird <va-bird...>
Subject: [VA-bird] Central Park birding
If you happen to be in the Big Apple and would like to do a bit of birding in Central Park, contact Birding Bob (birdingbob.com). He does tours Fri-Mon; usually two, two hour tours each morning in various locations within the park; $10 per person. We have done a couple tours with Bob. On the first, several years ago in the Fall, we encountered a field full of Brown Thrashers and a Ruby-crowned Kinglet so close you could almost touch it. Our last tour, a couple of weeks ago featured a number of warblers; Prothonotary being in the greatest numbers and great views of a Chestnut-sided. The biggest treat was the unprecedented numbers (according to Bob) of Red-breasted Nuthatches (10-12); maybe they’ll soon visit us?

Jack Greenwood
Falls Church

Sent from my iPhone