Date: 10/9/18 5:03 pm
From: <Meredith.McBurney...>
Subject: [cobirds] Bird Conservancy Banding Report - Barr Lake Station, 10/9/18
Cold and grey morning. Did a late start, early close and frequent net
runs. Banded just 21 birds, but we did get an American Kestrel, perhaps
the only one ever netted at the station. (I looked back at the old records
and there were a bunch banded in the early 90's, but the notes suggest they
were not actually at the station but at different locations around Adams
County.) Anyway, he was quite elegant! Here's the breakdown:

American Kestrel 1
Ruby-crowned Kinglet 8
Hermit Thrush 2
Orange-crowned Warbler 1
Yellow-rumped Warbler, Audubon's 2
Yellow-rumped Warbler, Myrtle 2
Wilson's Warbler 1
Song Sparrow 1
White-crowned Sparrow, Gambel's 3

This is our last week; we plan to be open Wed-Sun, but that is weather
permitting, and things are a little iffy for the next few days. Otherwise,
opening about 7 a.m., closing around noon. We have school groups Wed-Fri,
arriving about 10 a.m. Saturday and Sunday we are open with no groups
scheduled, so if you haven't made it out this season, that would be a good
time!

Meredith McBurney
Bander
Barr Lake Station