Date: 10/9/18 1:43 pm
From: 'Peter Ruprecht' via Colorado Birds <cobirds...>
Subject: [cobirds] minor rarities, Boulder Co
During a break in the drizzle today I walked along the Mayhoffer-Singletree and Meadowlark trails in Superior.  The east section of the M-S trail up to the stone benches had a nice variety of passerines including several that either I or eBird thought were unusual: Cassin's Vireo (2), Green-tailed Towhee, Lark Sparrow, Clay-colored Sparrow, and Rock Wren (unusual location.)  There were also flyby snipes, a Bald Eagle, and about 60 Mountain Bluebirds.  The mixed flock that included the vireos also had quite a few warblers flitting maddeningly; I only identified Wilson's and Yellow-rumped for sure but got glimpses of some that didn't seem quite like either of those.
Anyway, it seems like the crappy weather is good for seeing small birds even in locations that are normally only moderately birdy.  And also, if you stop by this location keep an eye out for the big bobcat that's been hanging around.

Peter RuprechtSuperior