Date: 10/9/18 9:13 am
From: Jim Felley <jdfelley...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Little Bennett 10/8
Yesterday I walked the gravel rd on both sides of rte 121. The area was loaded with birds! Highlights were warblers (many Yellow-rumped, several Black-and-white, 4 Magnolia, 1 Black-throated Green, 1 Blackpoll), woodpeckers (1 Hairy, several Downy, several Northern flickers, several Red-bellied, a Pileated, several Yellow-belled Sapsuckers, including a family group), several Swainson's thrushes, several Red-breasted nuthatches, again including a family group (I assume) of 4 birds, a Brown Creeper and two Scarlet Tanagers. White-throated sparrows are in, but they were all being very secretive and shy, though plenty of singing.

Jim

Jim Felley
Gaithersburg, MD