Date: 10/8/18 9:50 pm
From: Ann Pettigrew <rook185...>
Subject: Monday birds - Rock Wren, American Redstart
Got to see the Rock Wren at Dixon Meadows this morning. Distant view for about a minute. Still fun though.
Had a female American Redstart at the house. Had some other fall warblers feeding on the fruit of our Kousa Dogwoods. Will have to look at photos to figure out what they were. This was the first time in twenty years that I have seen warblers feeding and fighting in these trees. The rain must have been good as we had a bumper crop of fruit.

Ann C. Pettigrew, V.M.D.
York, PA
<rook185...>
www.pbase.com/rook185

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
― Mahatma Gandhi

"In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks." - John Muir.

Join us on Facebook!