Date: 10/8/18 9:42 pm
From: DAVID A LEATHERMAN <daleatherman...>
Subject: [cobirds] Vermilion Flycatcher still present at Cottonwood Marsh (Boulder)
As of 4pm on 8Oct2018, the Vermilion Flycatcher was still present at Cottonwood Marsh, Walden Ponds. After searching for an hour in the field to the east and walking the trees/trail from the entrance to Cottonwood Marsh down to Toev's Pond, I was heading to my car in Cottonwood Marsh parking lot and checked the Wilson's Snipes one more time in the southeast corner of the marsh. The flycatcher was working for midges off woody stubs in the water, off rocks and even the ground of islands. Seemed strange to see it and snipe in the same field of view.

[cid:1e906bfb-5ad8-47d1-bd5a-db367bb2a4bb]

Digiscope image of Vemilion Flycatcher, Cottonwood Marsh, Walden Ponds, Boulder on 8Oct2018 DAL

Also, as Bob Fiehweg posted, Parasitic Jaeger still present at Lagerman Reservoir, pointed out to us today by David Dowell.

Dave Leatherman

Fort Collins