Date: 10/8/18 7:04 pm
From: Bob Fiehweg <bobfiehweg...>
Subject: [cobirds] Parasitic Jaeger still there today
The Jaeger was active this afternoon, successfully stealing lunch from the hapless gulls at Lagerman. Another birder present, David, had the bird spotted when we arrived at 3:30, and it was settled on the reservoir feasting on its purloined pescatarian prize when the cold and damp prompted our retreat at 4:05 (should have had some jaegermeister to celebrate and fend off the chills). Also present were cattle egrets, the lesser black-backed gull and several Northern Harriers, all female. Two Bald Eagles, too.

Bob Fiehweg