Date: 10/8/18 6:50 pm
From: Sandy Berger <sndbrgr...>
Subject: Listserv rules and Grosbeak
When Kim Smith started this list serve there were some rules that came
along with it. If someone still has those would you mind reposting. Or you
can email them to me privately.

While hiking at Lost Valley, I came across a female Rose-breasted Grosbeak
in distress. At first I thought she was caught in a spider web. She was
hanging upside down from a branch. I went to help her but she tried to fly
off, flipped over, and hit the ground. She did this over and over. I
finally caught her and she immediately bit the snot out of me. BTW, their
bite is just as bad as a cardinal's bite. She was feisty, her wings worked.
But she could not fly any distance, and always ended on her back on the
ground. So what was wrong? Sadly I had to leave her to her fate.

Thank you.
Sandy B.

Join us on Facebook!