Date: 10/8/18 6:29 pm
From: <lutherhaige...> [NEBirds] <NEBirds...>
Subject: [NEBirds] Lots of migrant yard birds
The cold front that came through late last week brought in a variety of migrant species to our yard and feeders.

Lincoln's Sparrow
Song Sparrow
Field Sparrow
Clay-colored Sparrows (5)
White-throated Sparrows (9)
Chipping Sparrow
Junco
Red-breasted Nuthatch
Ruby-crowned Kinglet (at woodpecker block)
Nashville Warbler
Orange Crown
Grackle (1)

We still have one Ruby-throated Hummingbird that only comes to the feeders late in the afternoon and evening. It has a distinct band of dark feathers across the upper breast area and has been in our area for almost a month. We still have lots of Cana Lillies in bloom so I assume it is spending most of the day feeding from flowers and eating small insects. Yesterday I observed for about 45 minutes perched about a foot off the ground in my back garden.

Robert Manning
Central Omaha

Join us on Facebook!