Date: 10/8/18 5:07 pm
From: Louise Wilkens <boatnbirdr...>
Subject: Re: [JERSEYBI] Nelson's or LeConte's
This is the park my brother dropped me off without binoculars. Gosh.
"Snipe, 10 Pectorals, Pipit, many
Savannah Sparrows, Swamps, a single Indigo Bunting (imm) yellow-rumps and
blackpoll and Kestrels hunting"

So good to see you today! Let's stay closer!

Louise

On Mon, Oct 8, 2018 at 6:30 PM Christopher Takacs <americanchris22...>
wrote:

> Today around noon I spotted very briefly one of those orange faced with
> gray cheek sparrows in New Overpeck Park in Bergen County. I had only the
> briefest looks. It was feeding in a grass field with standing water in the
> company of snipe and pectoral sandpipers. Since I've been searching
> Meadowlands for Nelson's I had that on my mind and thought that at first.
> Knowing that Overpeck is a LeConte's spot historically, that now crossed my
> mind. I only spotted the face in profile as it lifted its head in the grass
> and then flushed, so no other field marks. Both can be found in wet fields
> so this spot might be worth another look. I spent an hour with no luck
> refinding it. It was seen making a short weak flight away from the wet
> field area east towards the large #1 (one) marker along the paved walkway.
> Weather today was gray, drizzly, foggy so it might stick. The field and
> surrounding water's edge habitat had Snipe, 10 Pectorals, Pipit, many
> Savannah Sparrows, Swamps, a single Indigo Bunting (imm) yellow-rumps and
> blackpoll and Kestrels hunting
>
> Chris Takacs
> Lyndhurst
> BCAS