Date: 10/8/18 2:33 pm
From: Shawneen Finnegan <shawneenfinnegan...>
Subject: [obol] Free Raptor ID app
All:

While visiting Jerry Liguori in Salt Lake City two weeks ago we learned about his app called Raptor ID that he and Brian Sullivan (of eBird) authored. Recently HawkWatch International, in conjunction with Cornell, made the app free.

Per Jerry: “The Android version has glitches but the good news is that is going to be updated and will work perfectly soon. The app is complete with vocalizations, range maps with links to eBird, over 1,000 images, text accounts, and HD videos (with voice-overs).

Jerry is the most amazing raptor person I have had the privilege of knowing. He has authored multiple books on raptor identification which are available at Portland Audubon Nature Store and elsewhere. During the years I lived at Cape May Jerry was the hawk counter for three falls. Sadly, he was diagnosed with ALS two years ago, prior to helping teach the Audubon Raptor Class at Bonney Butte with Dave and me.

I highly recommend it.

Shawneen Finnegan
Beaverton, OR

Join us on Facebook!