Date: 10/8/18 2:00 pm
From: <jmeredit...>
Subject: [obol] Malheur county, Osprey, Great-tailed Grackles continue, etc
Today an Osprey was hunting the river at MP 228 along Hwy 20, west of
Vale, east of Little Valley. Getting late.

The Ontario Sewage Facility has new management. I was concerned that
visitation rules may have changed, but things are the same, and birders
are welcome weekdays or Saturday in the morning. Driving the dike roads
gives you good visual of all the edges and the 5 ponds. Just enter the
building and sign the visitor log book and then enjoy the birds. No
shorebirds and nothing unusual today but perhaps some wintering
waterfowl bonanza is just around the corner.

The Great-tailed Grackles that have been around Ontario at places like
Pilot and Loves fuel centers, Beck park, and Walmart (some reports are
still around. I saw 4 of them at the Love's center on Washington, across
from the entry turn for the Ontario Sewage ponds.

Good birding, Judy Meredith, <jmeredit...>

POST: Send your post to <obol...>
Contact moderator: <obol-moderators...>

Join us on Facebook!