Date: 10/8/18 1:45 pm
From: Glenn <000001214b3fcb01-dmarc-request...>
Subject: Bald Knob NWR, update for today
We spent all morning at Bald Knob NWR today.  Here are the highlights:

2 White-faced Ibis, one has very distinctive red eyes, the other has brown eyes - so at least one of them is a White-faced.

2 Nelson's Sparrows.  The photos aren't great, but I believe good enough to confirm the id.  A new state bird for me.

10 Roseate Spoonbills.
5 White Ibis.
1 Merlin.
1 Northern Harrier.
1 Great Horned Owl, being chased by a couple American Crows.
1 American Coot.
Ducks, lots and lots of ducks.  I'd say at least 1500.
Photos will be in my eBird report, but that may not be until late tomorrow.

Glenn WyattCabot

Join us on Facebook!