Date: 10/8/18 1:32 pm
From: Scott Priebe via VA-bird <va-bird...>
Subject: [VA-bird] [va-bird] Occoquan Bay NWR, Prince William Co. - Yellow-rumped Warbler invasion, FOS Ruby-crowned Kinglet, Dark-eyed Junco & White-throated Sparrow
Steamy birding this morning at Occoquan Bay NWR. The Yellow-rump invasion has begun; I conservatively counted over 60. While standing on Easy Rd. at the marsh, there was a steady stream of warblers, I am guessing Yellow-rumps, flying across the marsh toward the point (20-30). Along Locust Rd, I encountered a mixed flock of mostly seed eaters that included a White-throated Sparrow, Song Sparrows, Towhees calling in the brush, Indigo Buntings, House Finches and Purple Finches. Other highlights: Kestrel being chased back and forth by Jays over the field between Bravo & Delta Rds.; a "kettle" of Chimney Swifts at Delta Rd.; a probable Least Flycatcher at Deephole where the porta-john was (photo attached to eBird checklist); and last but not least a Junco near the intersection of Bayview and Fox Rds.

https://ebird.org/va/view/checklist/S49057446

Scott D. Priebe
Springfield, VA

[https://ipmcdn.avast.com/images/icons/icon-envelope-tick-round-orange-animated-no-repeat-v1.gif]<https://www.avast.com/sig-email?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=webmail&utm_term=icon> Virus-free. www.avast.com<https://www.avast.com/sig-email?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=webmail&utm_term=link>