Date: 10/8/18 11:51 am
From: 'Douglas J Graham' via Maryland & DC Birding <mdbirding...>
Subject: [MDBirding] 7-woodpecker morning at Pennyfield Lock
Multiple records along the C&O Canal path of Downy, Hairy, Pileated, Red-bellied, and Northern Flicker. Then, I was up to 6, after a good view of a fly-by sapsucker, with distinctive white bar on mid-wing. I wasn't thinking there would be a 7th, but then a gorgeous adult Red-headed Woodpecker flew onto a snag over the canal, level with the Pennyfield parking lot. First time I've ever seen all the MD species all on 1 outing!