Date: 10/8/18 11:48 am
From: Michelle Hamner <michelle...>
Subject: [GABO-L] "Resident" Sandhill Crane - Sharpsburg, GA (Coweta Co) - Oct 8 2018
Hello! I posted this to the GOS Facebook group, but figured I'd share here
as well in case anyone has any thoughts. A Sandhill Crane has apparently
taken up residence in a Sharpsburg (Coweta Co) neighborhood for the past 5+
years. I heard some rumors about it in the past day or two and figured it
was a case of mistaken identity until one of the neighborhood residents
posted a picture of it. I went out there today, and sure enough! I talked
to one of the residents and she said it can and does fly, sometimes
disappearing for a day or so, but it always comes back and hangs around a
small pond in the neighborhood near the house of her neighbor, who puts
corn out for it, she says. She mentioned that migrating SACR have landed a
few times over the years and that this SACR has disassociated itself from
them when they are there. It looks like maybe there is a bit of wing damage
where those feathers are dropping on its left wing, maybe?

eBird checklist with picture: https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S49054668

Michelle Hamner
Peachtree City, GA

--
*Michelle Hamner*
*Director of Development*

*Atlanta Audubon Society is building places where birds and people
thrive.* *Help
us by becoming a member <http://www.atlantaaudubon.org/membership>*.

Send regular postings to <gabo-l...>