Date: 10/7/18 6:11 pm
From: <Meredith.McBurney...>
Subject: [cobirds] Bird Conservancy Banding Report - Barr Lake Station, 10/7/18
Another busy day, spent with the CSU Birding Club and lots of old birder
friends - great to see everyone! Several birders relocated the Great
Crested Flycatcher that we banded yesterday.

Banded 56 new birds, including a Field Sparrow, which is a station rarity.
Also recaught 32 birds banded earlier, most from the last few days, but
also a House Wren that we caught on what must have been one of its first
days out of the nest on August 28. He still is molting body feathers.
Here's the breakdown of the new birds:

Western Wood-pewee 1
House Wren 1
Ruby-crowned Kinglet 8
Hermit Thrush 2
Orange-crowned Warbler 7
Yellow-rumped Warbler, Audubon 14
Yellow-rumped Warbler, Myrtle 5
Wilson's Warbler 2
Field Sparrow 1
Chipping Sparrow 2
Song Sparrow 3
Lincoln's Sparrow 1
White-crowned Sparrow Gambel's 9

Remember we are closed tomorrow/Monday. Back in business for our final
week on Tuesday, weather permitting. We are opening nets at 7:00 and
should have birds back at the station by about 7:30. We will close most
days by about 11:30. School groups arrive most weekdays at about 9:30. The
best time to visit (fewest people, most birds) is before 9:30 weekdays and
Sundays.

Come visit!

Meredith McBurney
Bander