Date: 10/6/18 10:09 pm
From: Caleb Centanni <caleb...>
Subject: [obol] Benton County big day birds
Hi all,

Nolan Clements and I decided to make our best attempt at an October big day
in Benton County for eBird's big day today. Locales included Willamette
Park, Philomath Sewage Ponds, Finley Wildlife Refuge, the road north of
Corvallis Airport, and Marys Peak, followed by a bit of owling. Best birds
of the day were an early ROUGH-LEGGED HAWK at Corvallis Airport, Surf
Scoters, 3 Greater Scaup, and a Redhead on the Sewage Ponds, and Canada
Jays (8) on Marys Peak. Despite some easy misses, we ended up totalling 102
species, and getting all diurnal raptors normal in the valley year round
except Sharp-shinned Hawk and Prairie Falcon, all normal ducks except
Canvasback, Eurasian Wigeon, and Goldeneye, and all six woodpeckers.

Hope you all had a good time out there today!

Good birding,

Caleb Centanni

Join us on Facebook!