Date: 10/6/18 5:09 pm
From: <Meredith.McBurney...>
Subject: [cobirds] Bird Conservancy Banding Report - Barr Lake Station, 10/6/18
After a relatively modest week and only 13 birds yesterday, we were back up
to 82 today. Just never know! Something of a crazy morning, with birds
coming through in large but tight flocks, so there would be 10 or more
birds at a time in one net and most other nets empty. Overcast, then sun,
wind, then not. Most exciting bird of the morning was an outstanding Great
Crested Flycatcher; second place to a Plumbeous Vireo. Here's the
breakdown:

Great Crested Flycatcher 1
Plumbeous Vireo 1
Ruby-crowned Kinglet 9
Hermit Thrush 6
Orange-crowned Warbler 9
Yellow-rumped Warbler, Audubon's 22
Yellow-rumped Warbler, Myrtle 7
Wilson's Warbler 1
Spotted Towhee 2
Chipping Sparrow 2
Clay-colored Sparrow 1
Lincoln's Sparrow 2
White-crowned Sparrow, Gambel's 19

We are open 6 days per week, Tuesday-Sunday, weather permitting, through
October 14. We are opening nets at 7:00 and should have birds back at the
station by about 7:30. We will close most days by about 11:30. School
groups arrive most weekdays at about 9:30. The best time to visit (fewest
people, most birds) is before 9:30 weekdays and Sundays.

Come visit!

Meredith McBurney
Bander
Barr Lake Station