Date: 10/6/18 4:22 pm
From: Sandra Keller <sandrakeller...>
Subject: [JERSEYBI] Camden fall big day run
Hello,
Went well! 11 hours and 77 car miles later, Marilyn and I tallied 79 species.
I believe good for a Camden county fall big day. We did ok with migrants.
Could have been a tad better. Harleigh cemetery was super! I might make
this my local go to migrant spot instead of Greenwald. Greenwald is good!
but I am getting tired of the noise in the area. Today was a running race.
Joy. Lake George was starting to get waterfowl back. I wasn't expecting
Coot, but they were there! As was a RN duck. And Mute Swan. We didn't
get to all the areas I wanted. Normal for me. I was running out of energy
and we were running out of light. More waterfowl than I thought.
Including a Common Loon at Cove Rd. in Pennsauken. Picked up
Marsh Wren there also. Less raptors than I thought. No Coopers. But we
did have a Merlin. No Black Vultures either. I am sure the overcast conditions
played a role here.

I dont know if 100 is possible in the fall. At least for me. We missed some birds
that we just didnt hit the areas for. I don't race around anymore...... And less
daylight in the fall. Birds not singing.....

Lots of Monarchs flying today! Surprised me with the weather conditions.
Cold and overcast. Well 70 degrees.

We ended at that Winslow wma field. Great area! But really overcast by then and
I wimped out on more walking. No Savannah Sparrow for us.

I am going to email myself the trip list from the app. If anyone wants to see a full
list of species and areas, just email me and I can forward that list.

Good birding all.

Sandra Keller

Sent from my iPad mini

or e-mail to <njbrcreport...>