Date: 10/6/18 1:23 pm
From: 'Steven Mlodinow' via Colorado Birds <cobirds...>
Subject: [cobirds] Front Range Rarities: Tropical Kingbird, Vermilion Fly, Parasitic Jaeger
Greetings All

I had not intended on going birding today
But Glenn Walbek texted me about yonder S Platte Park Tropical Kingbird, so I drove down and enjoyed with with about 20 or so others.

The Vermilion was still at Walden Ponds, in Boulder County, so I made a small detour on my way home, arriving as Peter Burke texted me that there was a jaeger at Lagerman Reservoir (Boulder County, w side of Longmont). The Vermilion was on a fence line going out into a field, fence line pointing due east from Cottonwood Marsh parking lot.

The jaeger at Lagerman is an adult, or near adult. Looks pretty classic for Parasitic. Pointy tail feathers, wingspan a bit shy of RB Gull, black on head all at/above level of bill, no double flash...

Good Birding
Steve Mlodinow