Date: 10/6/18 10:56 am
From: Daniel Mason <millipede1977...>
Subject: Re: Big Day
Yes and no. I'm doing some birding today, mostly around the house. I had
plans to visit Centerton and maybe city lake in Siloam Springs here but,
then my wife got called to work. The joys of having one vehicle. So I'm
stuck at home today.

I just came in from almost 2 hours sitting in the yard watching...
including a few hawks I didn't get a chance to ID, at least 7
swallows(not sure which, just not barn), and a swift or two... one was
the right size and all to just say chimney... we don't get anything else
here... but the first one I saw sure looked BIG to me... and it did more
gliding than flying.
Gotta love(not) when birds are here one second and gone the next.
Some migrating hawks included broad-winged for sure.
And, are blue jays storing food right now? And if so, is there a
"breeding code" on Ebird for that? Had a couple of blue jays going back
and forth from my yard to another... leaving to get food and flying back
over my house with it... I'm assuming acorns... back and forth for quite
a while.
I almost didn't want to come in as who knows what's flying over now but,
my eyes needed a break from that bright sky and it's lunchtime. :)

Daniel Mason