Date: 10/5/18 9:34 am
From: Karen Garrett <kjgarrett84...>
Subject: A bunch of Ibis and a Black-crowned Night-Heron
After spending some time, yesterday, gawking at the 35 Ibis (most likely
White-faced, but who can be 100% sure, what with the distance and the
pos9litional disadvantage relative to the sun, I couldn't make out the red
eyes), I spent some time gawking at the dozens, if not hundreds of tiny
blue damselflies. I then decided to brave the traffic, and and set out for
University Farms in Fayetteville, to see the Night-Herons. It took me a
while to locate one, as it had migrated to the south side of the pond. I
never saw the other two that had been reported earlier in the week, but
they may have been hiding in the dark tangle of tree roots near the one I
saw. One other item of note, there were three Sedge Wrens, one in the brush
along the pond, and at least two more in the crop to the north.

It's an interesting spot, but I would not visit again in shorts and running
shoes.

Karen Garrett
Rogers

Join us on Facebook!