Date: 10/5/18 9:23 am
From: Bob Archer <rabican1...>
Subject: [obol] Sunday's Pelagic looks Great
For the sole reason that more eyes mean better chance to find birds, I
would like to point out this Sunday's pelagic trip out of Newport, I have
no interest in OPT. There are over 15 fishing vessels sitting out in the
area of Heceta and Perpetua Bank, recent years have found the vessels
elsewhere. This year the fish have been closer to Newport. This fleet
includes Arctic Storm and Kodiak Enterprise. It is late in season for
massive numbers of birds, but not that late. And the fleet could be leaving
as I type and we see a total of one Northern Fulmar flap by, but the
weather looks great, Sunday will be after a major wind event, fish are out
there, this could be great for numbers of birds. Then it is a simple
matter of scanning all these birds for the one Streaked Shearwater or Great
Shearwater. I have no idea how you can get your check to Tim this late,
but I would encourage anyone to try.

https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/centerx:-125.2/centery:44.3/zoom:10

Bob Archer
Drooling in PDX