Date: 10/5/18 8:28 am
From: Barber, Patricia <patbarber...>
Subject: Lesser Black-backed Gull telemetry
Last year the PGC initiated a project to determine where our wintering Lesser Black-backed Gulls go during the nesting season. While we still have a lot to learn about their movements, as of today, the last of the 7 lesser black-backed gulls with working satellite transmitters have returned. Most are in eastern PA and NJ with 1 on the VA portion of the Delmarva peninsula. In addition to the birds with transmitters, other LBBG caught received USFWS bands. Please keep an eye out for them and let me know if you see any. If possible record where and when you see the bird, if it looks like it has a transmitter on (seeing an antenna is the most likely clue), if it’s with other gulls which species and how many, and what it’s doing. Rather than replying to the group please send your observations directly to me at <patbarber...>

Thanks,
Patti

Patricia Barber
Endangered Species Biologist